International, Politics

Firm: US Opens Embassy in Jerusalem Under Fire

The Trump administration made good today on its promise to move the US embassy in Israel to its rightful place in Jerusalem.

Prime Minister ‘Bibi’ Netanyahu beamed, “What a glorious day!”

What most don’t know is that Congress made this decision nearly a quarter-century ago.

But unrest in the Middle East replete with threats from the PLO and other fellow terrorist travelers put a damper on that move.

The official opening came under fire, as we might have expected.

Palestinian insurgents continued their attempted breach of the border along the Gaza Strip which resulted in dozens of casualties.

It’s just another reminder that radical Islam is a religion of peace just as long as full submission and compliance are the terms of agreement.

The US must continue its resolve, regardless of the terms of engagement.

Here’s more from JPost…

Sixty-nine years after Israel declared Jerusalem as its capital, and 23 years after the US Congress passed a law mandating that Washington move its embassy there, the US formally opened its embassy in the city on Monday afternoon, in a move Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called “courageous” and “momentous.”

“What a glorious day. Remember this moment!” Netanyahu entreated the applauding crowd. “President Trump, by recognizing history, you have made history. All of us are deeply moved. All of us are deeply grateful.”

“Last December, President Trump became the first world leader to recognize Jerusalem as our capital, and today, the United States of America is opening its embassy right here in Jerusalem,” Netanyahu said. “Thank you President Trump, for having the courage to keep your promises!”

 

Read More...

International, Issues, States

Caravan Arrives: Migrants Caught Scaling the Border Fence

Remember the caravan of migrants from Honduras making its way from Central America through Mexico?

Well, they’re here.

And reports are that at least a dozen of them successfully scaled the fence near the border gate between Tijuana and San Diego as supporters on the US side cheered them on.

Mexico refused to stop the horde of 1,500 migrants, but President Trump has already ordered National Guard to the border.

Which is probably why the entire caravan hasn’t already waltzed across. As we reported previously, this could be a blessing in disguise.

There’s little better than wall-to-wall coverage of massive illegal immigration to kick up the ire of American voters in favor of a wall.

Here’s more from Daily Caller…

The caravan of migrants from Central America seeking asylum in the U.S. has arrived at the border, and some people associated with the group have already been caught scaling the border fences.

“Several groups of people associated with the Central American caravan” illegally entered the U.S. “by climbing over the dilapidated scrap metal border fence on either side of the San Ysidro Port of Entry,” Rodney S. Scott, chief of the Border Patrol in the San Diego sector, which sits just north of Tijuana, told reporters Saturday.

He said the migrants included “children as young as 4 years old and in one case a pregnant female.” He called it “unconscionable that anyone would expose a child to these dangerous conditions.”

Five busloads of migrants were escorted Sunday through Tijuana to a cross-border rally near San Diego, where supporters gathered on both sides of the fence, The Associated Press reports. Images from the rally show apparent migrants from the Mexican side sitting atop the border wall proudly waving what appears to be the Honduran flag, the banner of the country from which many of the migrants are trying to flee.

Read More...

Culture, International, Politics

RIP: Alfie Evans Yields to UK Socialized Health Nazis

For the second time in a year, the commissars of socialist ‘health care’ in the United Kingdom have presided over the death of a young child after determining — contrary to the wishes of the parents — that the child’s illness was untreatable, thus resigning the child to a state-sanctioned death sentence.

In both cases, treatment was being offered by medical experts in another country, but the UK denied parents the right to leave the UK to seek alternative treatment.

The tragic death of Alfie Evans early yesterday morning wasn’t merely a case of big government gone awry.

It was an international human rights violation after Italy actually granted Alfie citizenship, which UK authorities refused to honor.

But let’s not be too quick to point fingers. Obamacare’s death panels would have resulted in precisely the same outcome.

Now in the West, the right to life is conditioned on the whim of the Leviathan.

Here’s more from PJ Media…

In the wee hours of Saturday morning, 23-month-old Alfie Evans yielded up his spirit, after days of fighting on after staff at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital removed his ventilator in an act intended to result in his death. The British courts ruled that such a death was in his “best interest.”

“Our baby boy grew his wings tonight at 2:30 am. We are heart broken. Thank you everyone for all your support,” Kate James, Alfie Evans’ mother, shared on Facebook.

“My gladiator lay down his shield and gained his wings at 2:30,” Tom Evans, the boy’s father, announced on Facebook. He said he and his wife were “absolutely heartbroken,” adding, “I LOVE YOU MY GUY.”

The tragedy may have been inevitable, but the young boy’s death was helped along by the same British court system that prevented the parents of Charlie Gard from taking their terminally ill 11-month-old boy to New York for experimental treatment.

Read More...

International, Politics, War on Terror

U.S. Launches Bombing Raid on Syria, Russia Responds

In case you’ve been in a cave or a coma in the last 72 hours, we’re as close to going to war with Russia as we’ve ever been since the inauguration of President Trump little more than a year ago.

Last week, chemical attacks were launched against innocent civilians in Syria which left many dead, including women and children.

In the days following, accusations were leveled on all sides concerning who was responsible. Russia blamed everyone except the Assad regime.

But after deliberating for days, a coalition including the US, Britain, and France argued that intelligence proves Assad launched the attack.

President Trump announced yesterday that the coalition is attacking Syrian chemical weapons assets in response.

That’s when Russia responded with a promise of ‘consequences’. Stay tuned…

Here’s more from Redstate…

Russian Ambassador to the United States Anatoly Antonov has posted the first official response from the country regarding the allied strikes on chemical weapons targets in Syria that took place late Friday night.

“A pre-designed scenario is being implemented,” he warns.

This is a screenshot of the Facebook post from the Russian Embassy, and below that is the text typed out, followed by Gen. Mattis predicting exactly what Russia is doing.

Statement by the Ambassador of Russia to the USA Anatoly Antonov on the strikes on Syria

The worst apprehensions have come true. Our warnings have been left unheard.

A pre-designed scenario is being implemented. Again, we are being threatened. We warned that such actions will not be left without consequences.

All responsibility for them rests with Washington, London and Paris.

Insulting the President of Russia is unacceptable and inadmissible.

The U.S. – the possessor of the biggest arsenal of chemical weapons – has no moral right to blame other countries.

Read More...

Culture, International, Politics

Mayor of ‘Londonistan’ Moves to Enact ‘Knife Control’

From the ‘Stupid Is As Stupid Does’ Files comes the news headline this weekend that Mayor of London (aka Londonistan) has enacted tough ‘knife control’ policies in response to the recent knife and acid attacks in the city, curiously at the hands of radical Islamists.

Mayor Sadiq Khan — the city’s first Muslim mayor — declared via Twitter, “No excuses: there is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law.”

He said this unironically.

Meanwhile, Khan has been overwhelmingly open borders for Muslim immigrants.

It won’t be long before he enacts tough ‘automobile control’ as soon as more crowds are rammed by crazed Islamists behind the wheel.

Here’s more from Daily Wire…

An epidemic of stabbings and acid attacks in London has gotten so bad that London mayor Sadiq Khan is announcing broad new “knife control” policies designed to keep these weapons of war out of the hands of Londoners looking to cause others harm.

The “tough, immediate” measures involve an incredible police crackdown, a ban on home deliveries of knives and acid, and expanding law enforcement stop-and-search powers so that police may stop anyone they believe to be a threat, or planning a knife or acid attack.

Khan announced Friday that the city has created a “violent crime taskforce of 120 officers” tasked with rooting out knife-wielding individuals in public spaces, and is pumping nearly $50 million dollars into the Metropolitan Police department, so that they can better arm themselves against knife attacks. He’s also empowering the Met Police to introduce “targeted patrols with extra stop and search powers for areas worst-affected,” according to a statement.

The mayor took to Twitter to announce his new policies.

Read More...

International, Issues

Trump Orders End to ‘Catch and Release’ Program

As the immigration issue heats up again with the migrant horde in Mexico, President Trump took advantage of the occasion finally to end the Bush administration’s notorious ‘Catch and Release’ program.

Under ‘Catch and Release’, non-violent illegal aliens were summarily allowed to go free under the auspices of humanitarian concerns.

But the program was massively expanded under President Obama — because of course it was — to justify releasing virtually everyone, and it served as a precursor to sanctuary city amnesty.

And now we’re paying the price for it economically and in loss of local safety.

This will likely be litigated in federal court and will be an issue in November. Get ready.

Here’s more from PJ Media…

Donald Trump signed a memo on Friday ordering the end to the Bush-era program that allowed illegals caught at the border to be released from detention pending the outcome of their legal proceedings.

“Catch and release” began during the administration of George W. Bush and was greatly expanded during the Obama years.

The Hill:

The memo signed by Trump orders the Department of Homeland Security, in coordination with other agencies, to submit a report to the president within 45 days “detailing all measures that their respective departments have pursued or are pursuing to expeditiously end ‘catch and release’ practices.”

The report instructs departments to share information on any contracts to construct or operate detention facilities along the border as well as steps taken to assign asylum officers at detention facilities, among other measures.

As part of the order, Trump is requesting “a detailed list of all existing facilities, including military facilities, that could be used, modified, or repurposed to detain aliens for violations of immigration law at or near the borders of the United States.”

Read More...

International, States

Obama Gave Soros Millions for Communists in Albania

Judicial Watch is uncovering more political bodies buried in the graveyard of Obama’s legacy this week.

After winning a FOIA suit against the US State Department, JW released 32 pages of documentation showing that the Obama administration funneled more than 9 million in taxpayer funds to an organization backed by George Soros for the purpose of promoting Communist activities in Albania.

What’s worse, it was revealed the organization — the Open Society Foundations — was allowed to assist the State Department in review federal grant applications.

Fox in the hen house perhaps? This from the ‘most ethical administration’ in history.

Here’s more from PJ Media…

The U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in 2016 sent $9 million in U.S. taxpayer funds to a Soros-backed group which used the money to fund far-left political activities in Albania, newly released documents show.

According to Judicial Watch, which obtained the 32 pages of records through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, the American tax dollars were used to help the country’s socialist government push for highly controversial judicial “reform.” The records also provide insight into how the Soros operation “helped the State Department review grant applications from other groups for taxpayer funding.”

The new documents show that USAID funds were funneled through that agency’s Civil Society Project to back Soros’s left-wing Open Society Foundations in Albania, particularly the Soros operation efforts to give the socialist government greater control of the judiciary. USAID reportedly gave $9 million in 2016 to the “Justice for All” campaign, which is overseen by Soros’s “East West Management Institute.”

Read More...

International

Green War: China Threatens ‘Major Response’

President Trump isn’t backing down from the massive trade tariffs imposed on China in recent weeks.

And now, as China pushed back, he’s upping the ante with a threat of as much as 100 billion in additional tariffs.

That triggered the ChiComs with a promise of a ‘major response’ if Trump doesn’t ease up.

So now we have a massive trade war on our hands which is putting the brakes on the exploding stock market.

But! That’s actually a good thing. When stock prices are overvalued, it’s a bubble waiting to burst.

In the long run, we could be thanking the Chinese for people so Chinese.

Here’s more from Reuters…

President Donald Trump on Thursday directed U.S. trade officials to identify tariffs on $100 billion more Chinese imports, upping the ante in an already high-stakes trade confrontation between the world’s two largest economies.

The further tariffs were being considered “in light of China’s unfair retaliation” against earlier U.S. trade actions, which included a proposed $50 billion of tariffs on Chinese goods, Trump said in a White House statement.

“This is what a trade war looks like, and what we have warned against from the start,” said National Retail Federation President and CEO Matthew Shay.

“We are on a dangerous downward spiral and American families will be on the losing end,” Shay added in a statement, urging Trump “to stop playing a game of chicken with the U.S. economy.”

Financial markets, roiled for days by the trade fight and Trump’s management of it, whipsawed again on the new threat. After a bullish regular trading day, U.S. equity futures sold off sharply in after-market-hours trading.

Read More...

International, Issues

Mexico Flinches, Shuts Down Migrant Caravan

Earlier in the week, the horde of Central American migrants had swelled to as many as 1,500 as it made its way through multiple towns in southern Mexico, en route to the U.S. border.

For days, the crowd had been untouched by Mexican authorities despite that Mexican immigration laws are some of the toughest in the western hemisphere.

Then the Trump administration responded with plans to mobilize the National Guard.

And curiously the Mexican government suddenly became interested in enforcing their immigration laws.

As of yesterday, the horde has been shut down and is no longer moving north.

Here’s more from Washington Examiner…

President Trump praised Mexico Thursday morning for using its immigration laws to stop the caravan of more than 1,000 Central American citizens from reaching the border.

Although Trump said border crossings are at a 46-year low, he still feels the rate at which immigrants can unlawfully enter the U.S. is “unacceptable.”

“The Caravan is largely broken up thanks to the strong immigration laws of Mexico and their willingness to use them so as not to cause a giant scene at our Border,” Trump tweeted Thursday. “Because of the Trump Administrations actions, Border crossings are at a still UNACCEPTABLE 46 year low. Stop drugs!”

Over the past week, Trump has been critical of those migrants walking, riding in vans, or traveling by train from Honduras and other Central American countries to seek refuge in Mexico and America. Mexico said the caravan is an annual demonstration that was never going to swarm the border, although the government acknowledged that some might try.

Read More...

International, Issues

National Guard Troops Being Sent To The Border Immediately

Perhaps prompted by the massive 1,500-strong throng of migrants making their way through Mexico, the Trump administration announced yesterday that National Guard troops will be deployed immediately to the Mexican border.

The other issue is that Congress has refused to deal with the so-called ‘catch and release’ policy from the previous administration as well as an inability to fully fund the border wall.

So Trump’s DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen detailed that these troops will be deployed in similar fashion to those under George W. Bush in order to fill the gaping holes in the border and to back up the US Border Patrol.

So in short, President Trump “has a pen and cellphone” and is willing to use them.

Here’s more from Hotair…

No word yet on how many or for how long, but WaPo cites a source who says the operation will continue until Congress ends “catch and release” for illegals detained in the U.S.

So in other words, it’ll continue forever.

There was some question yesterday as to what Trump has in mind. Was he talking National Guard or regular military, which would potentially create a problem under the Posse Comitatus Act? Is he contemplating a presence much larger than Dubya’s deployment of several thousand troops more than a decade ago? “We’re going to be guarding our border with the military,” he said yesterday during a White House photo op, and “we really haven’t done that before.” That suggested something novel to come. When reporters pressed Kirstjen Nielsen about it today, though, she said no, this’ll be in line with what Bush and Obama did. It’ll be “strong” but familiar. Via the IJR:

Read More...