National Public Radio has rejected six figures’ worth of advertising revenue from John Sullivan, executive producer of the new film Gosnell: The Trial of America’s Biggest Serial Killer (in theaters Oct. 12). Sullivan was trying to purchase a sponsorship for the Peabody Award-winning interview show Fresh Air for the following ad:
“Support for this NPR program comes from the film Gosnell: The Trial of America’s Biggest Serial Killer. The film is the true story of abortionist Kermit Gosnell, a story the mainstream media tried to cover up because it reveals the truth about abortion.” NPR took issue with the term “abortionist” as well as “abortion doctor,” which were deemed not neutral enough for its sponsorship requirements. The problem is that NPR itself has used these terms numerous times in stories about Gosnell and other abortionists. The bottom line is that NPR doesn’t want to offend its overwhelming liberal audience by supporting an obvious conservative film.
Here’s more from The Daily Beast…
Early last month, John Sullivan, executive producer of the new film Gosnell: The Trial of America’s Biggest Serial Killer (in theaters Oct. 12), reached out to National Public Radio to purchase a sponsorship for the Peabody Award-winning interview show, Fresh Air.
Sullivan, who was prepared to spend as much as six figures, crafted his ad copy to answer the question you’re probably asking: Who is Gosnell? The proposed ad was as follows, “Support for this NPR program comes from the film Gosnell: The Trial of America’s Biggest Serial Killer. The film is the true story of abortionist Kermit Gosnell. A story the mainstream media tried to cover up because it reveals the truth about abortion.”
No dice. According to e-mails provided to The Daily Beast, NPR’s representative ran it up the legal flagpole and came back with a disappointing answer.In addition to other minor tweaks to the wording, their response stated, “The word ‘abortionist’ will also need to be changed to the neutral word ‘doctor.’”
James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas has just revealed yet another alarming video of an avowed socialist not only working at the State Department but also working to “resist everything” at “every level” . . . while on the clock. “I’m careful about it,” he says in the footage. Stuart Karaffa also boasted shamelessly about working for the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) by monitoring Virginia campaign finance and election news: “Maybe someday I’ll go to board of elections jail, probably not,” Karaffa pooh-poohed. “I have nothing to lose. It’s impossible to fire federal employees.” Um, except when an employee admits fraud on camera.
Here’s more from The Daily Wire…
James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas has released their first dose of undercover footage allegedly revealing the shadowy actors of the “deep state.” In Tuesday’s footage, an employee of the State Department and a member of the Metro DC Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) admits to working on DSA work while on the clock and makes it clear that his goal is to “resist everything” at “every level.”
State Department employee Stuart Karaffa tells undercover Project Veritas reporters that he drafts communication for his DSA activism on the taxpayers’ dime, though he’s careful not to leave a “paper trail.”
“I’m careful about it,” he says in the footage. “I don’t leave a paper trail, like I leave emails, and like any press s*** that comes up I leave that until after 5:30. But as soon as 5:31 hits, got my, like, draft messages ready to send out.”
Karaffa also boasts about assisting the DSA by monitoring Virginia campaign finance and election news while on the clock.
Thus far, SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh is holding his ground against Democrat activist and Palo Alto professor Christine Blasey Ford, who has come forward with “attempted rape” accusations from more than 35 years ago. Ford has since raised the stakes, saying she is willing to testify about the incident from high school. Kavanaugh, too, has said he is willing to testify under oath about the accusation, releasing the following statement: “This is a completely false allegation. I have never done anything like what the accuser describes-to her or to anyone. Because this never happened, I had no idea who was making this accusation until she identified herself yesterday.” One might wonder if this is simply a warmed over version of the Anita Hill “scandal,” which threatened to derail the confirmation of Justice Clarence Thomas nearly 30 years ago. Despite “hope and change,” some things never change.
Here’s more from The Daily Wire…
The woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of having attempted to force himself on her at a party when they were both in high school says she is willing to testify about the alleged sexual assault. Kavanaugh has responded in a statement Monday by saying he is also willing to testify under oath.
On Monday, the lawyer representing California professor Christine Blasey Ford says she is willing to testify publicly before the Senate Judiciary Committee about the “attempted rape” she says happened over three decades ago that was brought to light by Democrats in the eleventh hour of the confirmation process:
Kavanaugh adamantly denies the allegation, as does the other man named by Ford, Mark Judge.
“I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation. I did not do this back in high school or at any time,” Kavanaugh said when the allegation first came to light last week.
Earlier this week, Breitbart broke the story of a meeting among Google powers-that-be held the day after the 2016 presidential election. In that video, the group conveyed, without reservation, their ‘dismay’ at the election of Donald Trump. Reports Breitbart: “[the] eye-brow raising footage shows Google co-founder Sergey Brin contrasting supporters of President Trump with fascists driven by ‘boredom.'” Other officials effused anti-Trump sentiments along those lines. It’s yet another hit to the Silicon Valley elitism which unequivocally sought to aid the election of Hillary Clinton. Things are not going well for Google, Twitter, Facebook, et al.
Here’s more from Breitbart…
Journalists, media executives, and political figures reacted Wednesday afternoon to a Breitbart News report revealing leaked footage of Google’s first all-hands meeting following the 2016 presidential election in which executives of the Silicon Valley giant expressed disillusionment with President Donald Trump’s victory.
As reported earlier by Breitbart News’Allum Bokhari, the eye-brow raising footage shows Google co-founder Sergey Brin contrasting supporters of President Trump with fascists driven by “boredom.”
“The Google co-founder then asks his company to consider what it can do to ensure a “better quality of governance and decision-making.” VP for Global Affairs Kent Walker argues that supporters of populist causes like the Trump campaign are motivated by “fear, xenophobia, hatred, and a desire for answers that may or may not be there,” writes Bokhari.
Yelp’s Senior Vice President of Public Policy Luther Lowe was among the first Silicon Valley executives to share the story, tweeting: “[U]mm… WOW. Breitbart just dropped video of a full TGIF (Google’s confidential company-wide meeting) the day after the election. Might send a bottle of scotch to Google D.C. What a nightmare.”
A leaked email written by Google’s former head of multicultural marketing details a range of the company’s efforts to increase Latino turnout, including the support of a partner organization that helped drive voters to the polls in the run-up to the 2016 U.S. presidential election. “We worked very hard. Many people did. We pushed to get out the Latino vote with our features, our partners, and our voices. We kept our Google efforts non-partisan and followed our company’s protocols for the elections strategy” the email begins. “We emphasized our mission to give Latinos access to information so they can make an informed decision at the polls, and we feel very grateful for all the support to do this important work.” The short version of this story is that Google acted as an official Get Out The Vote (GOTV) arm of the DNC on behalf of Hillary’s campaign. But, is anyone surprised?
Here’s more from Fox News…
A Google executive’s leaked email reveals efforts to increase Latino turnout prior to the 2016 U.S. presidential election and the executive’s “surprise” at Donald Trump’s performance among Latino voters.
The 675-word email, first obtained exclusively by Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” was written by the tech giant’s former head of multicultural marketing and details a range of efforts to increase Latino turnout, including the support of a partner organization that helped to drive voters to the polls.
“We worked very hard. Many people did. We pushed to get out the Latino vote with our features, our partners, and our voices. We kept our Googley efforts non-partisan and followed our company’s protocols for the elections strategy,” the email begins. “We emphasized our mission to give Latinos access to information so they can make an informed decision at the polls, and we feel very grateful for all the support to do this important work.”
At the end of the email, the author wrote that Latino Googler’s are “probably hurting right now” and that the election results are “tough to handle now that we know not all of us were against this.”
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) trolled Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ)’s effort to portray himself as “Spartacus” – a gladiator slave who dared to challenge Rome in the Third Servile War – as he pulled a publicity stunt to release classified information that wasn’t classified at all in the hopes of drumming up the anti-Kavanaugh crowd, which appears to be fizzling or otherwise failing to gain traction. Hatch tweeted a picture of himself talking to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and captioned it “You know . . . I knew Spartacus.” Well played, Senator, well played.
Here’s more from Washington Examiner…
Republican lawmakers this week openly mocked Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., for claiming to have an “I am Spartacus” moment when he claimed to violate Senate rules by releasing emails related to Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, even though the emails had already been approved for release.
Booker insisted Thursday he was a Senate rule violator, even though the email he discussed in the hearing was OK’d for public release the night before. And after Booker dramatically laid claim to an “I am Spartacus” moment, Republicans mocked him for it.
Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, tweeted out a picture of him talking to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, and captioned it, “You know … I knew Spartacus.”
Friday morning, Rubio joked about how Booker’s stunt might have played out in ancient Rome.
“On this day in 71B.C. the Thracian gladiator Spartacus was put to death by Marcus Licinius Crassus for disclosing confidential scrolls,” Rubio tweeted.
During an interview on “Face the Nation,” former Secretary of State John Kerry admitted that “we paid a price” for Barack Obama’s failure to follow through on the infamous “red line” drawn in the proverbial sand concerning the use of chemical weapons by Syria’s Bashar al-Assad-a line that was crossed with zero repercussions. He also lambasted the explanations and excuses given for inaction as moot because they ultimately failed to change perception. Kerry’s comments come as a rare admission in a career otherwise wasted on apologies for Obama’s utter failure on the global stage. It’d have been nice to hear from Kerry when it actually mattered.
Here’s more from Hot Air…
Am I right that O’s non-strategy towards Syria is the only policy of his that veterans of his administration have consistently criticized since he left office? I can’t think of another. Ask an Obamaite whether they prefer his or Trump’s approach to a particular issue and they’ll blurt out “Obama!” before you’ve even finished your sentence — with one exception. When Trump bombed Assad after last year’s WMD attack, a former Obama senior official (Kerry, maybe?) chirped to Politico that “Our administration never would have gotten this done in 48 hours. It’s a complete indictment of Obama.” Anne-Marie Slaughter praised Trump for his action, as did other unnamed foreign-policy officials on background. Hopenchange alumni were so embarrassed by it that they took to leaking how massive Obama’s plan to attack Assad in 2013 was, before he stuffed it in a desk drawer and backed down. Others were pitifully reduced to chattering that Obama would have bombed Assad last year if he were still president like Trump did … despite his conspicuous refusal to do so four years earlier.
You read that correctly: former President Barack Hussein Obama — who oversaw Fast and Furious, IRS targeting, ‘JV’ ISIS, Benghazi, backdoor money laundering for the Iran nuclear deal and so much more — will be accepting an award for ethics in government at the University of Illinois on September 7. According to his communications director, BHO will call for rejecting “the rising strain of authoritarian politics and policies.” There must have been no other contenders for the award.
Here’s more from The Daily Wire…
Former President Barack Obama, never missing a chance to posture himself as a champion of freedom, will reputedly call for rejecting “the rising strain of authoritarian politics and policies,” according to his communications director.
Obama, whose administration was embroiled in various scandals, is scheduled to accept an award for ethics in government at the University of Illinois on September 7. That award flies in the face of this list of events during the Obama Administration: the Fast and Furious scandal; the IRS targeting conservative groups; Obama making light of ISIS, calling it the “JV team”; protecting the terrorist group Hezbollah by stalling project Cassandra; spying on Fox News’ James Rosen, and lying to the American people in order to sell the disastrous Iran nuclear deal, among other nefarious occurrences.
Katie Hill, Obama’s communications director, asserted:
Next week, President Obama will offer new thoughts on this moment and what it requires from the American people.He will expand upon several of the themes from his summer address, including that America is at its best when our democracy is inclusive and our citizens are engaged.
Facebook is facing backlash from its employees who are sick of the social media leviathan’s “intolerant” liberal culture. According to a memo from Facebook senior engineer Brian Amerige published by The New York Times, Facebook has a big “problem with political diversity”. In his call for more tolerance, Amerige explained: “We claim to welcome all perspectives, but are quick to attack — often in mobs — anyone who presents a view that appears to be in opposition to left-leaning ideology.” And that it is “not a rare concern.” What started out as the memo of a single man has now gained the support of dozens of his fellow colleagues. Given the political climate in which Facebook, Twitter and Google are in hot water for censoring conservatives, this comes at exactly the wrong time for Silicon Valley. A boycott could be just around the bend.
Here’s more from The Daily Wire…
On the same day that President Trump unloaded on the political bias problem among major tech communities, including Google, The New York Times published a memo penned by Facebook senior engineer Brian Amerige laying out the company’s “problem with political diversity” and calling for a movement within the company to promote more tolerance of people with political views other than just the leftist views he says are currently enforced by employees. Since he posted his memo last week, dozens of fellow employees have joined his movement.
In the memo, titled “We Have a Problem with Political Diversity” and posted on one of the company’s internal message boards on August 20, Amerige paints a troubling picture of the lack of political tolerance among his fellow Facebook employees, whom he says often personally attack anyone who presents a non-left-leaning ideology and show open disdain for Trump supporters. He says he has been told by the company’s human resources office that the complaint he’s raising is “not a rare concern.”
An FBI intelligence analyst told House investigative committees last week that it was a known practice for bureau officials to leak information to the press…and then use the resulting articles to OBTAIN SURVEILLANCE WARRANTS. Jonathan Moffa – who worked with notorious former FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page – offer testimony arguing that we should be especially concerned with the Yahoo! News’ Michael Isikoff article published Sept. 23, 2016. This story, which failed to corroborate the Steele dossier, was based on information leaked by Steele only to then be used in the successful FISA application. Can you say ‘fabrication’?
Here’s more from Fox News…
An FBI intelligence analyst admitted to House committees last week that bureau officials were known to leak information to the press and then use the resulting articles to help obtain surveillance warrants, according to a source with knowledge of his testimony.
Jonathan Moffa, who worked with controversial former FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, testified last Friday behind closed doors before the House Judiciary Committee and House Oversight Committee.
The source with knowledge of his statements confirmed to Fox News that Moffa said FBI personnel would use media reports based on information they leaked to justify applications for Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrants.
The source told Fox News that Moffa acknowledged this “had been a practice in the past.”
Republicans have long questioned to what extent leaked information, related to the unverified anti-Trump dossier, was used as a basis for surveillance warrants against former Trump adviser Carter Page in 2016 — when the bureau was led by James Comey and deputy Andrew McCabe.