Issues, States

15 Blue States Join Up to Sue Over End to DACA

President Trump is in a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation over his announcement on Tuesday.

More than a dozen red states had already mounted a suit against the White House over President Obama’s executive action on immigration which eventually was dubbed DACA.

Now that AG Sessions has argued rightly that the policy as written is pretty much indefensible in court — which more than one judge has ruled as a matter of constitutional law — there’s no point in continuing it.

But now at least 15 blue states are suing for exactly the opposite reason: discontinuing the policy, they argue, will screw up their bureaucratic system.

All of which means that, no matter what Trump or Congress does, this whole mess is going to the Supreme Court.

And at the end of the day, it’s a pretty sure bet no improvement to our spaghetti mess of federal immigration law will have materialized.

This is proof in the pudding for why the swamp should be drained.

Here’s more from Redstate…

You Might Like
Learn more about RevenueStripe...

Fifteen Democrat run states have joined together in a lawsuit that seeks to prevent President Trump from winding down the DACA program.

Fifteen states and the District of Columbia sued Wednesday to block President Donald Trump’s plan to end a program protecting young immigrants from deportation — an act Washington state’s attorney general called part of a “dark time for our country.”

The lawsuit filed in federal court in Brooklyn asked a judge to conclude that the president’s action involving the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, is unconstitutional.

It called the move “a culmination of President Trump’s oft-stated commitments … to punish and disparage people with Mexican roots.”

Rescinding DACA will also injure state-run colleges and universities, upset workplaces and damage companies and economies that include immigrants covered under the program, the lawsuit says.

“The consequence of the president’s animus-driven decision is that approximately 800,000 persons who have availed themselves of the program will ultimately lose its protections” and be exposed to deportation, the lawsuit says.

In essence they are filing the same lawsuit used to attack the Trump’s travel restrictions executive order but they used search-and-replace.

You Might Also Like